Monday, November 12, 2007

The sun is setting here in Chicago and there is little new to report. Contractions are remaining far apart and underwhelming. It feels a little like we’re being “teased”. Last night we had a hard time sleeping with the anticipation. For me, I have to confess that I was pretty nervous last night, but all day today we’ve been surprised at how we haven’t been nervous, only excited. These last few hours without much progress have not disheartened us, but it has been frustrating. We remain anxious.

It’s been an unseasonably warm day, highs near 65 degrees. I’m fortunate that church has given me the next two Sundays off and I’ve been able to work ahead on some of my schoolwork, thus this week is mostly free from obligation outside of the baby. For as “big” of this day is to be, it has been relaxing. We’ve taken this “free” afternoon to rest up and finish a few chores. The task of the evening will likely be to continue to relax, as we don’t know what this night will bring.

No comments: